Thursday 6 January 2011

My Old Girl....

Well although technically this didn't start out as an exercise for work purposes I have managed to pass on the images and they are now going into to print as advertising shots for Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers where the old girl has recently been re-trimmed.

For those that don't know a great deal about me i'm passionate about old Volkswagen's. The love affair started when I was really little, my older cousin passed his test and his first car was a 70's beetle. Having been taken for a spin in it I was hooked. Lots of drooling and fantasising over old Volkswagen's later, I am now the proud owner of the bus you see below. She is a 1961 23 window samba imported from New York approx 9 years ago as a complete wreck. Rust on top of rust, holes everywhere and in need of some serious TLC. Roll on a few years and Matt at Smiths of Cornwall http://www.smiths-vw-repair-cornwall.co.uk/  waved his magic restoration wand and Jemima as we affectionately call her was re-born.

The sun was shining just before Christmas and having just had the trim finished I couldn't resist jumping in her and going to take some shots. All taken on my trusty 1ds MkIII with natural light.

There are a few more on flickr if you wish to see more.







1 comment: