Thursday 13 May 2010

Day out in Brum,

A very last minute shoot was arranged yesterday out in sunny Birmingham! A good friend of mine Alex said he needed a hand doing a location shoot! Did I fancy coming along and bringing some gear and my camera.

Ive been wanting to do something with him for a while so I jumped at the chance. The plan was to hit the streets of Brum and see what we can see, take along one head a battery pack and a soft box, gorilla style!

Had a great day, if a little tiring being a human tripod for a couple for hours. Managed to get a couple of great shots of the lovely Georgina Price our model for the day.

The shot below taken on my trusty canon 1ds MkIII, a bowens 750 head and travel pack at f5 1/320th


2 comments:

  1. Hello David I am an amateur photographer when you took this photograph did you use travel packs? Also did you use wireless radio triggering? The reason I ask is that on a Bowens user forum numerous professional photographer have complained that the pulsar card and trigger do not work with travel packs. Have you had this problem? Thanks Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, firstly let me apolgise for not replying. For some reason I never got notification of a a comment so it totally slipped through the net.

    To answer your questions, yes I was using the travel packs and yes I was using wireless triggers but pocket wizards not the pulsar units. I originally had the pulsar ones but in all honesty they were useless, glitchy, temperamental and terrible range. I would definitely recommend the pocket wizard or profoto triggers both are excellent!

    ReplyDelete