Monday 21 June 2010

Flowers!!!

Ive been asked this week to take some shots of flowers for a client. Specifically they were looking for some stock style images of single interesting flowers. I'm assuming perhaps for use on cards or something of that nature. Having never done anything like this I thought I'd have a trial run before committing and saying I'll do the job. So I set up a mini studio on my dining table and gave it a whirl.


Here are a few  shots followed by the behind the scenes images! All shot with my Canon 1ds MkIII with my 70-200 2.8 and 2 x Bowens 500 Watt heads. A small soft box camera left and a wide angle reflector camera right for highlight detail. After playing with the flowers for a little while I fancied shooting the vase and seeing what I could do with that!

Pretty pleased with the results, not bad considering I used black towels and an old sheet as my black scoop!! I'm definitely going to give some other still life objects ago!





This shot below illustrates the basic setup, for this group shot I placed the reflect glass behind to try and capture a nice reflection, The saucepan was just used to prop it up a little higher ;-) The white piece of paper was used to bounce light back up underneath the flowers.



I didn't seem to take many behind the scenes shots of the flowers but the images of the vase's were shot with almost identical light setup!

No comments:

Post a Comment